Increase Yields, Decrease Costs
We’ve engineered our Almond Pollination Service to be a process that brings you yearly increased crop yields and decreases overall cost of pollination. Always on time with proper placement and strength inspection.
We’ve found that when using honey bees in almond pollination, your season is more economically efficient when you have the perfect balance between colony placement pattern and colony field force per acre. Each colony has a percentage of bees that leave the hive with the purpose of pollination. The rest of the bees stay in the hive and have other jobs within the hive.
The “Hive Strength” is the total amount of frames covered by bees per colony.
The “Field Force” is the percentage of bees that leave the hive with the purpose of pollination.
- Each 9 1/8″ Frame covered with at least 75% of bees will have approximately 2,000 bees
- 8 Frames of bees will have approximately 16,000 bees making the hive strength
- 8 Frames of bees will have approximately 6,400 bees making the hive field force
- It would take (5) x 4-Frame hives to equal the Field Force of (1) x 8-frame hive
- It would take (2.5) x 6-Frame hives to equal the Field Force of (1) x 8-frame hive
Register Hives through the Bee Where program at BeeWhereCalifornia.com before hives arrive to the orchard.
Hive Field Force for Honey Bees
- % of Field Force
- % of Field Force
- Pollination Portfolio:
- Placement Plan with a professionally engineered topographic map
- 1st Inspection: 25% random sample basis
- 2nd Inspection: 25% before removal from orchard
- We keep 800 beehives in reserve in the case of an emergency
- We will provide you with on time arrival and removal
- We will ensure placement and strength
- We handle IRS and State reporting requirements
- We handle your BeeWhere registration
- We are Licensed and Insured
10 Frame Average
8 Frame Minimum
Increase Crop Yield
Let’s Grow Together
Premium Pollination Additional Services:
We only use our own bees or inventory from beekeepers who have an inspection history with us constantly grading out over a 10-frames average.
- Engineered Pollination Package
- Decreases costs per acre
- Increases crop yield per acre
- Inventory Inspections ensuring quality requirement
- 1st Inspection: 30% random sample basis
- 2nd Inspection: 100% sample basis upon arrival
- 3rd Inspection: 20% random sample basis